Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring Fever Photos

I love our new camera! It was so nice out the other day that I just had to get out and take some photos...
This one was a friend's idea (he took a photography class not too long ago.) The birch tree looks so cool this way and the sky was such a spring blue too!

 Lilacs! I can't wait!


Tiger lilies, they're always among the first to come up!

   I love watching the bulbs come up in the spring. These Tiger Lilies were poking their heads up when the ground was still frozen! 



   This limestone wall is part of an old building that dad and the boys are tearing down. When we first moved here, around fifteen years ago, it was still fairly stable but then a few years later a bad storm past through. It did a lot of damage and knocked some of  the mettle sheets of the roof down inside. Since then, it has been slowly crumbling. As I said, they finally started to tear it down. We're planning on building something with all the old limestone. If it ever gets finished I'll have to post pictures. 


  It was built into the side of the hill,with the roof almost level with the ground on one side. The cats always used to climb along top of the wall to get away from the dogs.

They say that a treasure is hidden somewhere around here...
    I love the way old brick and stone walls fit together. They have such a different feel than modern concrete and such. They look as though they have so many stories they could tell...

    
'What next Magpie?' 'Lets take a picture of wood!'

   A friend's five year old daughter was over and came with me on my ramble. This one was her idea. I thought it was rather interesting, I never would have thought of it myself!

hmm...a fair sized beetle...perhaps a little snack is in order...


Eulalia and her momma, Amy, our milk cow



    I don't have the specs on the camera right now; it's a Canon I believe. I'll have to do a separate post on it and add it to my list of toys at the bottom. I was also thinking of moving those notes to a separate page, what do you think?

   Also, these are all straight from the camera, no touch-ups! 


4 comments:

  1. Good job Becca! Whenever I see great photos, it makes me want to get back into my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that first tree picture! Such a cool perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouseprints, that's one of my favorites too! It's nice to know someone is enjoying them (besides me!) Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...