Monday, June 10, 2013

Gray Days and Growing Things

Gray. Thats the word that comes to mind when I think about the last ten days. Gray skies, gray rain, and the hazy gray mood of lethargy. A bit dramatic? Maybe, but its hard to get motivated when the world is so, well, gray. Oh we've seen the sun a bit this month,  for maybe five minutes at a time. I don't like taking photos when its like this, all the color gets washed out and everything ends up looking rather dull and...gray. I had thought that the sun was coming out for a bit when I went out but soon found that I was mistaken. I might have gone back in the house and put it off for another day but then I began finding the early promise of summer's fruits and new flowers replacing spring's scattered blossoms. I still long for the sun but the gray skies have not stopped the creeping arrival of summer.


The last of the lilacs are fast fading, under one I found the ground covered over with pale purple flowers that had been knocked loose. I wonder if the fairies are getting ready for a dance, the only thing that could make the place more perfect for them would be some nice mossy patches.


I found these little ones quiet on accident, I gave their mother a scare as I passed, I didn't get much of a look at her so I have no idea what sort of bird they are. I'll have to keep an eye on them as they grow. 




The orchard is already preparing for summer and fall harvests...

Apples
Cherries
Black Caps, also known as Black Raspberries
Strawberries 

Rose bud
Bridal Bouquet or Bridal Wreath 
I honestly don't know what these are, they just stared growing in our ditch ;)
The gray skies are still depressing but there is always something bright to be found around the farm if you go looking for it. Besides, with summer taking over I expect I'll soon wish for a relief from the sun and the heat that goes with it. Until then I will just have to make the best of gray, hopefully I can avoid starting out so depressingly nextime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...