Monday, May 20, 2013

Catching After-Rain

I've been waiting for the skies to clear for a few days now so I could take more pictures. Spring is possibly my favorite season, I love watching the world wake up from winter's sleep. Unfortunately we've had several overcast skies this week and gray skies are not the best for photos. Yesterday we got hit by rain and then the sun broke free at sunset and gave me a chance to capture the fresh washed world for you all. 




The plum trees bloomed a few days ago, they didn't fair very well in the rain 

I couldn't get a photo that really showed the way the rain caught the light but this comes close



Or rather I tried to capture that world, I really only got a glimpse. A photo can only show a part, it can't hold the smell of an orchard full of new opened blooms or the mix of rain and recently cut grass. You can't feel the cool grass against your feet or the after rain chill on the wind when you look at a photo. I'm sorry you weren't there and that I really didn't capture much of it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...