Friday, May 10, 2013

When Life Smells Like Spring

Dare I say it could be spring? That winter may indeed have let us loose from his chill grasp?

Forgive the dramatics but if you've been following the weather in the Minnesota area lately then maybe you can understand where I'm coming from. If not I'll put it simply; winter would not END. Every time it started to warm up it would snow again. This last time it snowed on May 1st, May Day, we woke up the next morning to around 18" of snow and no power. Now I like snow well enough, but really that was too much.

I have been starved for life and color. I drink in every blade of grass and devour the sight of anything flowering or even just looking a little greener than it has for the past several months. I've started several blog posts on this topic but the reality of a gray, or even white, world stifled my efforts each time. Not even last years spring photos (which never got posted here when they were new) could spur me on past the first effort.

But now there is life in the world again. Fresh grass and the strong new shoots of tiger lilies and daylilies spread green across the lawn. Daffodils proudly display their colors, first of the year. The magnolia is in full bloom, white but living, not cold and lifeless as the snow it resembles. Even the sky is bluer.

Its been warm this week, more like summer than spring, but it was the sunlight this morning that stirred up my spring fever more than anything else. I'd taken pictures earlier in the week but everything was still so gray then, today it's bright and alive.

I know I've rambled a good bit here but its spring and I can't help myself. So thanks for enduring all that, enjoy the photos and your own spring, or whatever season it is where you live.

Magnolia 





Daffodils 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...